East Coast preferred.
Payroll Tax Manager – Fully remote (Eastern or Central time zone preferred)
Our client is looking for a Payroll Tax Manager to be responsible for the planning and completion of all payroll related taxes in a multi-brand, multi-state environment. This role will lead a team and will be responsible for working with external auditors on quarterly accounting and tax reviews, preparing new tax registrations, and reconciliation of various general ledger accounts. This position will also ensure compliance with regulatory authorities as well as internal controls. This position will be a part of the core team responsible for the implementation of the SAP HCM project, as well as the implementation of the ADP Tax and Garnishment Services project.
– Partners with the Director of Payroll to develop and execute payroll tax strategy
– Develops and controls all tasks necessary to accomplish the payroll tax objectives, including all payroll tax auditing functions
– Develops short and long-term goals and opportunities for continuous improvement for payroll tax operation success
– Partners with the finance department to meet the Company’s needs regarding payroll payments, cash flow, and payroll related accounts for reconciliation and manages all controls to accurately maintain these procedures
– Leads and coordinates all aspects related to payroll taxes, which includes partnering with the internal tax department and unemployment tax vendor
– Approves payroll journal entries by established accounting deadlines
– Manages tax payments/deposits and filings meeting state, local, and federal deadlines (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually)Research state-specific tax requirements and advise staff concerning the accounting treatment of complex transactions
– 5+ years Payroll Tax experience
– Minimum of 5 years of experience managing multi-state payroll environment
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent experience
– Experience with SAP SuccessFactors Experience with ADP Smart Compliance
– Ability to successfully mentor and manage people
Why is This a Great Opportunity
Fully remote opportunity with some travel to Mississippi to be with Payroll team.
Strong organization whose parent company values the US division and sees tremendous growth opportunity here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org