Federal Income Tax Provision Supervisor
Publicly traded environmental services provider in New England. The Company has locations in the Eastern portion of the United States and some operations in Canada. This is a terrific opportunity for a tax professional with demonstrated federal income tax experience and knowledge of ASC 740 who is looking to accelerate their career development and join a company with a great culture and professional work environment.
The selected candidate will be expected to be in office at least 3 days a week.
This individual would be responsible for preparing the ASC 740 Income Tax provision and the consolidated 1120 corporate income tax return. The position will report into the VP of Tax.
· Collaborates with the internal tax team to prepare the U.S. Federal consolidated corporation income tax return.
· Researches and analyzes the impact of new legislative developments and prepares technical memoranda to provide updates to the organization as required.
· Understands and analyzes complex data sets from a large corporate group including numerous sub units and operating divisions to provide information for tax calculations.
· Gathers necessary information and assists with the preparation of quarterly and annual ASC 740 tax provisions for the Company.
· Contributes to tax modeling for business development and acquisitions, including tax due diligence.
· Acts as a tax advisor to the business, responding to various tax-related requests and taking a client service approach to handling such requests.
· Collaborates with external tax consultants on tax compliance, provision, and other tax matters.
· Supports technology implementations, overall process improvements, and other efforts to increase the efficiency of the income tax compliance and provision function.
· Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of tax matters, the company, and its products and services.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, have a Degree in Accounting or a Finance/Business related degree and 3 plus years’ of experience in an accounting or tax role. An advanced degree such as an MST and/or MBA is a plus. A CPA certification is also attractive.
The incumbent must have a demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team-based environment. Knowledge of ASC 740 is a requirement. Prior experience with One Source Tax Provision software is a plus.
A solid understanding of general accounting rules, detail-oriented and strong organizing skills, strong follow through skills, and an ability to multi-task and meet consistent deadlines are required.
Excellent listening and communication skills, an ability to adapt to change and be adept at identifying issues and formulating solutions are necessary.
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and a customer service approach to working with internal departments and outside customers are expected.
Team-oriented individual who possesses a positive can-do attitude along with a focus on efficiency, practicality, and an ability to see the larger picture in the context of the business.
Strong customer-service orientation with a meticulous attention to detail.
Excellent problem-solving and organizing skills, combined with a commitment to personal and professional training is essential.
Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and non-technical language. Highly self-motivated.
Why is This a Great Opportunity
If you are a tax professional with expertise in ASC 740 and have prepared consolidated 1120’s, this a great role to put your skills to the test.
The Company is growth driven and is constantly looking for acquisitions. The department is mid way through a OneSource tax software implementation and is constantly looking for ways to make the department run more effectively.
The VP Tax is very accomplished and willing to invest time and energy in helping the new member become successful.
Very healthy company culture and strong benefit package.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com