Account Manager-BDM- Utilities
Location: Long Island/NY
The company provides energy solutions so communities can thrive, and businesses can grow. They bring power, heat, and cooling to customers and communities wherever they need it.
We are hiring immediately for an Account Manager the Utilities Sector in NY/Long Island- a role that will help to power progress for their customers.
Perks and rewards:
• Competitive compensation (Base range from $80,000 to $100,000)
• Uncapped commission plan
• Company Vehicle
• Industry-leading benefit plans including medical, dental, life, disability and more.
• Sales career growth potential in expertise, leadership, and across territories
• Safety-focused culture
• Retirement program with company match
• Paid leave and paid holidays
• Continuous training and development with career growth opportunities
What you’ll do:
• Grow business with existing utility accounts and develop business with high potential prospect accounts.
• Represents the company in all activities associated with accounts/customer support.
• Develop and execute an annual territory sales plan
• Track all sales contacts, meetings, opportunities, proposals, and orders.
• Coordinate with internal stakeholders, including Engineering, Operations, and Logistics
• Prepare and present proposals for products and services.
• Partner with the operations and logistics teams to ensure efficient mobilizations and project implementation.
• Service accounts through the full payment by the customer and completion of the services rendered.
• Assist in identifying market potential, establishing pricing and market strategies by market research or study.
Required skills and experience:
• 4-6 years of direct sales or technical sales experience
• Entrepreneurial Mindset
• General understanding of power generators, diesel engines, electrical distribution equipment, energy storage, and load banks
• Knowledge of Utilities or Electrical markets
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both in person and on Teams
• Proficiency with a CRM (i.e., Salesforce)
• Good understanding of job costs and market pricing trends
• Good knowledge of market sectors and competitive activities
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Project Commissioning / Project Management Experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
The person needs to live near Long Island to afford long commute, the coverage area is mostly long island
Must have sold to Utilities sector or Electrical Commercial Only market
Someone who is not afraid of hunting
General understanding of power generators, or Fleet diesel engines (Cummins, Detroit, Volvo, etc.,.), or, electrical distribution equipment, energy storage, and load banks
NO job jumpers, must have recent experience
Will have company vehicle-need a valid driver’s license.
The ideal candidate would have sold power equipment or other industrial equipment to the Utilities or Electrical (commercial) market
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
The company delivers energy solutions so communities can thrive, and businesses can grow. VERY ECO friendly
Uncapped commissions- first year guarantee
Work from home office
Company vehicle with fuel card
Extensive room for growth
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org