Website MEO Staffing
national electrical code, power systems, lighting control
Engineering/ Manufacturing/ Production/ Operations
Work Experience (Years)
University – Bachelor’s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
Full Time/Direct Hire
Location: Missoula, Montana 59801
Pay DOE: $90,000.00 – $115,000.00 per year + benefits + company equity
Job type: Full-time
Shift: 8-5 M-F / Open to Remote work with occasional travel
The client is a full-service structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and technology engineering firm headquartered in Missoula, MT. We provide complete engineering services for luxury residential, multi-family, and commercial projects.
About the job
Essential Electrical Functions:
Our ideal candidate would be responsible for working with other contributing engineers, design teams, and Sr. Project Managers to create and problem-solve exciting and complex designs that incorporate some of the latest design techniques, while ensuring that all specifications are met, and to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Responsible for leading/producing technical project plans, specifications, drawings, and models that meet our specifications and client needs.
- Perform and/or evaluate all appropriate calculations (e.g. distribution panel loading, short circuit, voltage drop, conduit & conductor size, and cable tray fill) required for the electrical design packages and verify all applicable codes have been incorporated.
- Effectively lead and mentor the Electrical Engineering staff with an emphasis on employee growth, project success, and overall performance.
- Applies standard design techniques and procedures and exercising judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications to design concepts. Ensure quality control by complying with company and team design and CAD standards.
- Will work with Sr. Engineers, Project Managers, and other stakeholders on specific assigned objectives, complex features, and aid in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
- Coordinate needs, designs, and develops an understanding with other design disciplines (Mechanical, Structural, Process/Chemical,
- Architectural, etc.) for design package needs.
- Perform field verifications / site walks to identify, verify, resolve, and incorporate solutions into design packages. May troubleshoot design problems in the field during construction.
- Printing / Scanning of drawings for bids and current projects.
- Site surveys of existing buildings, as required for design.
- Meet subcontractors on site as necessary.
- Meet with clients and give presentations on project design(s).
- Interface with local government agencies and code officials as required for design.
- Identify construction conflicts and provide viable solutions / recommendations.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health savings / Flexible Spending account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible Working Hours
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent engineering education.
- An Active Professional Engineer (PE) license OR ability to obtain licensure quickly is required.
- At least (6) years of directly related experience in the field.
- Solid knowledge of AutoDESK REVIT modeling system (a plus but not required).
- Knowledge of or experience with the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Ability to work as an individual or a team player.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com