Industry: Building Materials
Job Category: Sales / Marketing – Business Development / New Accounts
Individual Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continually supports and adheres to the Corporate Values, Vision, and Mission Statement
- Develop and maintain a focused strategic sales plan to increase business opportunities to achieve or exceed sales targets.
- Utilize effective territory planning to focus sales efforts and manage time productively ensuring a proper call balance of 50% A & D and 50% Construction. Latter group to include general contractors and sub-contractors. Travel [overnight] is expected at 50% of the month.
- Coordinate activities with Territory Sales Manager to maximize sales efforts.
- Utilize time and resources effectively on office days to schedule appointments 2 – 3 weeks in advance resulting in 5 -6 quality field calls/day (2 -3 of which should be firm).
- Prospect daily to uncover new lead opportunities.
- Identify and develop relationships with all key decision-makers related to accounts to maximize sales opportunities and close ratios, i.e. architects, designers, consultants, and end-users.
- Develop and maintain a list of top accounts and projects throughout the Territory
- Act as an industry resource for all Jointmaster product lines for technical assistance, product recommendations, specifications, etc.
- Identify and analyze competition, both regionally and globally. Know your territory, the specifics of each project, and the strengths and weaknesses of all players involved to maximize close ratios and company profitability.
- Maximize selling time by appropriately leveraging internal resources, i.e. Sales Support, Estimating, Quality Assurance, Finance, etc.
- Maintain efficient office procedures for productive use of time, planning, and reports to insure the maintenance of accurate and updated account files and follow-up procedures.
- Utilize and maintain all sales data systems, such as customer notes, estimating portal, SCORE reports, and all available construction reporting services.
- Effective and timely follow-up of all quotes, bids, leads, and opportunities to maximize close ratio.
- Demonstrate effective project management skills through timely follow-up and coordination to maximize close ratio. Ensure all policies and procedures are followed during the project process.
- Effective and clear communication utilizing Professional Selling Skills to uncover customer needs in all divisions.
- Maintain accurate quotes through complete/concise field measurements coordinating efforts with inside divisional rep utilizing all required field forms.
- Educate customers through face-to-face meetings and presentations (min. 12 required per year 4 of which being AIA) throughout the territory. The territory is to be determined and will be on the west coast.
- Meet or exceed desired target contribution margin level for your territory.
- Maintain high levels of accuracy and proficiency to minimize Returns and Allowances.
- Exude passion and dedication every day to succeed.
- Must be team oriented to Divisional reps, providing frequent communication as necessary to meet the needs of our customers.
- Actively support and contribute to the cross-promotion.
- Interact positively and professionally with all internal customers/departments.
- Make effective decisions in a timely manner and communicate them appropriately to meet or exceed internal and external customer expectations.
- Represent the company in a professional business-like manner at all trade shows, industry events, etc.
- Utilize effective, regular, and positive communication with an inside divisional rep to maximize territory penetration.
- Maximize territory information through regular weekly reviews of inside divisional rep note reports.
- College degree required, or field equivalency. Successful sales experience can enhance this.
- Previous inside or outside sales experience in a business-to-business environment, successful background in prospecting, cold-calling, and business development.
- Extensive construction sales experience. Expansion joint sales experience is highly preferred.
- A track record of successful sales growth and teamwork.
- Self-starter who is capable of taking initiative, and working independently, as well as an effective and valued team member.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with timely follow-through and accuracy in completing tasks.
- Ability to handle all types of customers and resolve conflicts confidently and composedly to maintain a positive and continuous relationship.
- Must possess above-average problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, probing, and closing skills.
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks and complete projects on schedule.
- Must demonstrate professional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be competent in computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail). Background in automated sales office systems is helpful.
- Ability to adapt quickly and positively in response to demands of company growth and development.
- Must reside in Washington, Oregon, or Northern California.
Job Relationships and Authority:
- Reports directly to Division Director.
- Works remotely with a team of Inside Divisional Sales Reps and is responsible for efficient coordination of efforts.
- Ability to apply pre-established pricing discounts as provided by the Sales Director as appropriate.
- Enforce company policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Knowledge of Expansion Joint Systems
- Sales in Commercial Building Products
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org