The ideal candidate will have experience in the Property and Casualty insurance field with an emphasis on regulatory issues that may impact the organization and stakeholders.
As a strategic partner, the ideal candidate will be able to provide expert legal advice on a wide variety of insurance regulatory matters including the development and distribution of our insurance products, contracts, and eCommerce.
This position will also review contracts as appropriate, and partner with the insurance business to address insurance policy and compliance issues, as well as provide legal advice on laws and regulations along the business value chain, from product development to distributing products in the market, supporting the business to achieve its strategic and commercial goals.
What Will You Do:
- Be a subject matter expert on regulatory and industry developments, including proactive identification and assessment of regulatory developments and related risks/opportunities
- Educates self and business partners on legal developments affecting business and provides innovative strategies to address those developments
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key business unit leaders, functional subject matter experts, and other business units in the Company, to ensure the appropriate level of context and knowledge for the provision of effective legal guidance and delivery of problem-solving strategies
- Support management in developing open and transparent relationships with key stakeholders which is consistent with the Company core values and compliant with the spirit and the letter of the law
- Prepare and review insurance division SEC filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, and other periodic reports, proxy statements, and investor relations materials
- Support the secretarial function, including preparation of materials for Board of Directors and Committee meetings
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 4+ years of legal experience in property and casualty insurance
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining rapport and collaboration with colleagues, internal and external company contacts, with demonstrated ability to lead and contribute to team effort
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, legal writing, and regulatory analysis
Why is This a Great Opportunity
- Public company
- Fully remote position
- Limited travel
- Daily interaction with key decision makers
- Frequent correspondence with insurance industry regulators
- Advancement opportunities within the company
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com