This is a newly created position in response to our growth within the industry.
Under the direction of the Assistant Controller, this position will assist with complex accounting procedures related to insurance and reinsurance as it relates to monthly and quarterly financial close processes. These duties are to include:
- Complex Account Reconciliations and analysis
- Audit quarterly analytics
- Project management related to GAAP and Statutory (SAS) financial reporting
- Projects and task assigned by the senior management team
- Prepare and respond to audit requests both internal and external
- Variance Analysis
- Prepare board package powerpoint presentations.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility in insurance accounting and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required,
- CPA preferred.
- Must be a critical thinker and ability to problem solve complex accounting task
- Ability to work in MS Word, Power Point, Outlook. Strong knowledge of MS Excel including pivot tables, VLookup and other complex formulas is preferred.
- Must be a clear communicator and a team player.
Why is This a Great Opportunity
Rapidly growing property & casualty insurance company with a multitude of opportunities for talented accounting professionals to climb the ladder of advancement. Everyone works fully remote with only quarterly meetings held for team bonding. This position has daily facetime with key decision makers within the company including the CEO.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org